Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Wednesday, Blue to Vet

Blue had to go to the Vet today for a teeth cleaning. They put her under a general anesthesia so it takes all day -- putting her under, doing the work, letting her come to and adjust. So Blue needed to be there around 8:00 am. I figured I would take her in myself and Mom could come to pick her up later, but Mom was having none of that. She got up around 6:30, so as to be ready by 8:00.

The Vet called and said things went well.

While we were waiting on Blue, I went thru the counter top under the cupboard. I'm looking to throw out anything that is dated 2005 or older. Like the bottle of Worcester Sauce labelled 2001. I found one can of peaches that appears to be under internal pressure, so we are tossing that. And quite a few things that were infested with some kind of moth. Plus I have a box of a dozen cans or so that look okay, but are too old.


I found that the office exterior door has a self-storing storm window. You can slide it down to let the upper part be a screen, or slide it up to create a complete storm door. It had been down, so I moved it up, at least for the winter.

I badgered Mom into walking over to get the paper. It took some time, but it should be good exercise for her.

Blue came home from the Vet around 4:00. She seems disoriented, but she is such a closed individual, I can't tell if she is in pain (we have pain meds), or hungry, or just disoriented (she keeps bumping into things and going the wrong way). I'm keeping an eye on her; I expect she
will be okay by tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment