Sunday, January 8, 2012

Sunday, Failed Shelving

Church took up most of the morning. Then we stopped at Market of Choice and got some groceries.

Back home, I replaced both of the switches for the hallway light, and it now works as a three-way circuit again. I think the problem was really just a loose wire, so I probably did not need to replace the switches, but I don't see that it did any harm.

The real problem is the outlet next to one of the light switches. It was run in parallel to the light, so it only worked when the light was on. I un-wired it, and will try to run a new line with outlets in the hallway and also this outlet. That would provide 3 outlets in the hallway. I need some wire, and also to see what is available in the attic.

I also tried to install some shelves in the utility room to hold all the various cleaning supplies. I thought I did a pretty good job in getting them installed, but ...


it turns out that many of the cleaning supplies are in big bottles, or at least tall bottles -- up to 12 inches tall. The shelves are fixed at 8 inches apart. The result is that most of the cleaning supplies will only fit on the top shelf, and there is not enough of that to hold all of them. So after putting the shelves up, I took them down, and now must consider alternative solutions.

I consoled myself by putting a first coat of stain on a replacement for the back door step.

No comments:

Post a Comment