Monday, January 2, 2012

Monday, New Year's (Observed)

Mom had a rough night of it last night, so didn't get up until about noon.

While Mom was sleeping, I brought some boxes in from the storage room, to go thru and organize, inventory, and examine. Two boxes were old books and forms for when Dad did taxes. I plan to recycle them. Another box had a child's dress, some pants ("Put those aside, so I can try them on") and some curtains ("Put those in the back room and I'll see if I can use them there").

After breakfast, we worked on clearing the dining room table, which still had bags and boxes from when we came home from Christmas. Then Mom played solitaire on the computer while I vacuumed and took Blue for a walk.

When dinner time rolled around, we had left-over chicken, some rice and fruit, but no vegetable. Looking thru the pantry, there were several cans of veggies, but they wouldn't move. Seems that a can of yams had leaked and spread under it's neighboring cans and glued them down with a black tar like sauce. With some prying and water, I was able to get the cans out and the mess cleaned up. That quick look suggests that quite a bit of the pantry may be too old. On this short task, I found a plastic bowl of noodles contaminated with bugs, a tin with no label (probably spam), and a couple of other too-old items that I tossed.

Then we watched Cary Grant in "Full Kiss Them for Me".



No comments:

Post a Comment