Saturday, January 14, 2012

Saturday, New Inventory

Mom had a DAR meeting at lunch today, and since she doesn't get up much before lunch, it worked great for her.

While she was asleep and at DAR, I finished up with the last inventory, and started a new one. There were a lot of unknown boxes in the garage, and I brought them in to look thru. I don't even know what type of things these are.


I also got some 2x6 to support the new back step. Vacuumed. Washed the dishes.

After dinner, I squeezed oranges to make orange juice (for tomorrow), and to clear them out of the fridge before they got too old.

Mom seemed to be getting in the mood to go thru old things and brought out her jewelry box. It has a lot of old stuff. Not much jewelry -- and costume at that -- but old things that my Father brought back from WWII -- a 1914 Iron Cross, a good conduct medal, and such.


Mom also has a couple of small boxes of buttons -- dining at the Seattle Space Needle, but especially campaign buttons: FDR, Adeli Stevenson, Wayne Morris. She even has two of McKinley and Teddy Roosevelt in 1900. She isn't that old, so she must have gotten it from someone else.




No comments:

Post a Comment