Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Tuesday, Hearing Aid appt.

I was able to type in my inventory of the boxes in the garage this morning. I put all the entries in a spreadsheet -- 117 items in 21 boxes. As I typed it in, it became obvious that separate columns could be used for the box each item is in, the year, number of copies, the country of origin, the type of an item, a longer text description, and the manufacturer.

Mom had an appointment with the Hearing Aid people at 12:00 noon, so I had to wake her up by 10:00, so she could get ready. As such, we mostly had to skip breakfast, so after the appointment -- they cleaned and adjusted her hearing aids -- we stopped at Applebee's for some lunch. Mom got her favorite -- a cup of French Onion soup.

And we had hot chocolate. It was snowing when we started out, but it was above freezing, so nothing was sticking. By the time the appointment was over, it was just raining and cold.

After lunch, we went grocery shopping and got vegetables and a beef roast for dinner.

Upon returning home, I took the bag of pop-tabs that Mom has been collecting to the scrap metal yard over near our old house on Aberdeen. Mom had collected 4 pounds, which at the current price of 55 cents per pound meant a total of $2.20. I skipped the paper work necessary to have them cut us a check and just told them to keep the pop-tabs. When I got home, I paid Mom $2.25 cash.

I started the roast on the stove. It took about 4 hours to cook. But we have two full Pyrex containers of left-overs for the next few days.

John stopped by and picked up the trash. He didn't seem real interested in the boxes of stuff from the garage. Neither am I.

After dinner, I went thru Mom's kitchen cupboard of food, looking for cans or boxes of food that was "Best used" before 2005. I found about a box worth of things, some from as far back as 1998. That should give her more space, and, hopefully, better nutrition.

No comments:

Post a Comment