Thursday, January 26, 2012

Thursday, Oil Change

Mom had a "Lunch Bunch" downtown, so I worked on finishing the inventory of stamps and trading cards. I got that finished and put the boxes back in storage. I posted a couple of small items to eBay to see if we could find them new homes, but most of it will wait for another time.

When Mom came home from lunch, we went downtown to order/buy two things to help her avoid falls in the home: (1) A support for the bath tub, and (2) support arms for the toilet in the utility room.

The bath tub support didn't work. It's design doesn't really fit on a tub with a wide side wall, so I'll take it back and try a different design.


The toilet seat supports went much better.


Also I went to Oil Can Henry's and got the oil changed in the car I borrowed from Sue and Michael. A interesting approach. They want the driver to stay in the car as the oil is changed. They have a TV screen with 4 cameras showing the guy under the car, plus under the hood.

In addition, we took the boxes (cases!) of trading cards and dropped them off at Hooker's Sports Cards. I really don't think there is any value in them, but he may be able to keep them out of the landfill, and out of Mom's garage.

I made an appointment for Mom to have Moh's surgery on her two cancer spots. Sue had mentioned to them that I was leaving next Saturday, so they squeezed Mom in on the Friday before I leave. No aspirin for Mom until then.


No comments:

Post a Comment