Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Tuesday, Returning Genealogy

I packed up a set of bottles to ship out. Four boxes, packed, taped and addressed, then weighed and measured. Shipping to Canada, the US Postal Service wants $262; it looks like UPS will be less expensive. But I will need to fill out customs forms and need more information (like a phone number) from the buyer.

We walk the dog over to Petersen's Barn to get a paper.

Post office to mail a birthday card, and buy some Chinese New Year stamps -- year of the dragon -- but they don't have the new stamps yet.

And then to pick up Mom's car from her brake work. One of the tail lights is burned out, so I stop at Auto Zone to get a replacement. They come in packs of two, so I replace both tail lights.

We went to Cleo's to return some genealogy work, and then on to the Bradley's to do the same. Mom talks to the Bradleys for awhile. I mention where I work, and he asks if I know why his PC would have lost sound. He has a replacement/new sound card, but after taking his machine apart, we find that he only has two available slots -- PCIE, and the card is PCI, so it won't fit. After putting the machine back together, it appears that I didn't fix anything, and didn't break anything either.

We also take a genealogy book over to John. That clears out 4 or 5 books, so Mom is making a serious effort.

Mr. Bradley mentions that there is a NARVRE meeting tomorrow at Noon at the Elks Lodge.

No comments:

Post a Comment