Monday, January 23, 2012

Sunday, Talk to John

Up early for Church. Then we stopped by Barnes and Noble -- is this the only new bookstore left? -- where I bought a copy of the 2011 New Yorker Cartoon book. We had lunch at McGrafts Fish House. The food was good and we had enough left-overs for dinner too!

We drove home and then switched cars, so I could see Mom drive in the rain. She needs new windshield wipers too. We drove over to John's and talked to him for awhile. Then a little grocery shopping and a newspaper and back home.

I posted a couple of bottles on Craig's List, and worked on cleaning up email.

I have pulled out all the little banknotes from foreign countries that Dad bought and entered it in a spreadsheet -- country, year, amount. It looks like there may be some market for some of it, so I will scan each type of note, to get a nice picture of it (front and back), so I can create a web page of them.

Seeing me work on this, Mom brought out an envelope of some really tattered bills that look like bills from Europe and Japan from about World War II. They also look like they have been thru World War II -- very bad shape, creased, dirty. I'll add those to the list to work on.

No comments:

Post a Comment