Friday, January 27, 2012

Friday, the Bookstore

Mom didn't get up until about 11:30. In the meantime, I worked on the seat belt in her car. She has complained that it is difficult to pull out, so I removed the plastic cover and cleaned and lubricated it by spraying it with WD-40. I haven't told her about this, and want to see if she notices (and remarks on) a difference without being told that anything has changed.


Also I baked a chocolate cake, using a recipe that she printed out last week. I only made a half recipe, since it said it made a large cake. Chocolate cake with chocolate frosting! All made from scratch.

I vacuumed the kitchen. I was beginning to see dust bunnies of dog hair. Mom has a Rainbow Rexair, which uses water to trap the dust and dirt. Naturally then as I started to vacuum, it smelled of wet dog. After cleaning the kitchen pretty well, I reversed the vacuum to get it to blow instead of suck, and used that to blow out the baseboard heater. Lots of dust and hair came rolling out. Hopefully this will get the heater to work better. I probably need to do this same procedure on the other baseboard heaters, in the living room and bedroom.

We went down to Care Medical and ordered the bathtub support bar. They said it may be in next Thursday, or the following Thursday. If it comes in next week, I can pick it up and install it before I leave.

We then went to the Smith Family Bookstore, and looked at books for awhile. I found a few interesting ones. Smith Family Bookstore does not have Wi-Fi, so I could not check my online list of books against the ones I wanted to buy (to make sure I don't buy the same thing twice), but when I got home I checked, and it was good.

Dinner, and then the TV schedule says that "The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai" is on tonight. I'm not sure Mom will be able to understand any of this film.

No comments:

Post a Comment