Thursday, December 22, 2011

Thursday, Giving Blood

I gave blood today, and the lady that drained me, Gerine Snyder 747-1068, said she was starting an antiques store at an antiques mall on 7th street (near the Franklin/Jefferson bridge) called Hollywood Treasures. I will stop in after the holidays to see how things look and see if maybe this could be an outlet for some of the bottles and plates.

I gave blood 8 weeks ago in Texas, and 8 weeks from now should be back in Texas, so I figured I could try it up here. We leave for the Portland/Vancouver area tomorrow, so I could do it here or there. A check of web sites suggested that the Red Cross ran the blood centers in the Portland area, and it was difficult to figure out what, if anything, was going on there. I eventually ended up at Southwest Washington Blood Program which appears to be a web site that has not been updated since 2007. In Eugene, on the other hand, Google takes me to Lane Blood Center and they are having a Pint for Pint drive -- a pint of blood for a pint of beer! So I went there.



4 comments:

  1. What did you do with your pint of beer??

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Pint for Pint comes in two parts: (a) a drinking glass with the Lane Blood Center logo on one side and the Hop Valley Brewing logo on the other side, and (b) a coupon to go to their place in the Gateway mall to get the beer. I've got the glass, but probably won't actually get over to the mall to not drink the beer. I'm going to bring the glass back and show it to the Austin Blood Center.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glass sounds nice. You could probably find someone who would like that coupon for the beer, maybe John?

    ReplyDelete
  4. They wrote my name in the blank "This voucher is non-transferable ... and may be redeemed by the person named as follows". And I assume they would check ID. John will have to get his own!

    ReplyDelete